The mortgage market is certainly hotting up with competitors announcing deals and lower rates to beat the band…Ulster Bank, part of the Royal Bank of Scotland group, are the latest to join the party – they have reduced their interest rates across a number of their mortgage products
- 3 year fixed rate drops to 2.99% ( from 3.2% ) This is now the lowest rate in the market.
- Standard variable rate drops to 3.1% ( from 3.2% )
There are a number of conditions
- Salaries have to be mandated to current accounts in the Ulster Bank
- Minimum loan is € 200,000
- The loan cannot exceed € 350,000 ( over this amount the rate increases to 3.2% and 3.5% )
These changes follow a number of competitor recent announcements
Pepper Homeloans reduced their homeloan rate by 0.45% to 3.1%
AIB Bank cut its homeloan rate by 0.25% to 3.4%
KBC Bank lowered its fixed and variable rate last May
Three lenders still continue to offer 2% cash back on mortgages drawn down before the end of the year – Bank of Ireland, Permanent TSB and EBS / Haven, while if you are borrowing less than 50% loan to value, you can avail of 2 1/2% cash back from The Money Doctor… Dublin 278 5555 for details.