It would appear that the following initiatives have been agreed between Fine Gael and Fianna Fail to confirm Fianna Fail’s facilitating a new Government…
- Rent supplement is to be increased by 15% depending on a person’s location, and Fine Gael will extend the roll-out of the Housing Assistance Payment
- Water charges are set to be suspended in six weeks under the deal
- Reductions in USC for lower and middle income earners
- Improving supports and services for older people, including possible pension increases
- Publishing all agreements with independent TDs or other parties “in full”
- A 2:1 split between investment and public spending and tax reductions
- Speeding up social housing building, removing barriers to private housing, and extending mortgage interest relief.
- Planning to create a five-year health service plan
- Employing 15,000 Gardaí and instigating a review of Garda stations.
Stand by for details of the concessions to the various independent groupings….as they say, there is no such thing a s a free lunch.